I am so excited to start sharing party ideas for Saint Patrick’s Day with you! I know many of you don’t even celebrate it, but my family absolutely loves it! We love all the festivities, fun parades and of course, the food! Oh gosh, we make a delicious soda bread from scratch, corned beef and cabbage. We make Shepherd’s Pie (Yum!). I mean, we love to cook to celebrate this holiday!
My sweet mother-in-law is from Belfast and immigrated to the United States in her early twenties and my father-in-law was born and raised in NY, son of Irish immigrants. Needless to say, when I met my husband, he only ate potatoes (ha! Just picking on him!) Seriously, I feel so blessed for being exposed to the Irish culture. My mother-in-law taught this Brazilian girl over here how to make soda bread, a family recipe. Comes Saint Patrick’s Day I miss her so much! I miss the days we used to live only 15 min away from each other in Naples, FL. She used to host a big Saint Patrick’s Day party for family and friends every year. Good times!
Since my family loves Saint Patrick’s so much, I decided to put together an easy tablescape you can recreate in a few easy steps for your own Saint Patrick’s Day Dinner! Best part? You can use pieces you already have at home!
What you will need:
- Your favorite set of plates
- Gold flatware
- Green Fabric Napkins (see tutorial for Shamrock Napkin Folding)
- Mini Champagne Bottles
- Good Luck Coins
- Lucky Banner (double as table centerpiece)
- Gold & Green Festive Picks
Let’s start by turning your green fabric napkins into a Four Leaf Clover!
Just follow our simple 4-leaf clover napkin folding tutorial below:
- Place your napkin on a flat surface with its seams facing up. Fold sides, top and bottom inward toward the center.
- Fold corners inward toward the center.
- Flip napkin.
- Fold sides, top and bottom inward toward the center once again.
- The back of each corner should look like this (5.1 & 5.2 Gently pull the back piece of each corner)
- All corners should look like this.
- Place a gold luck coin in the center. Ta-da! A fun four-leaf clover napkin!
These napkins will add such a festive touch to your tablescape! You can make mini champagne bottles available for your guests or you can make your favorite green cocktail or juice for a kid-friendly gathering!
Styling and Photography: Andressa Hara of Twinkle Twinkle Little Party
I hope you recreate this easy tablescape for your own Saint Patrick’s Day Party! Tag @twinkletwinklelittleparty on Instagram if you do!