Oh, my! It’s countdown to 2019! How did that happen? If you are looking for fun ideas to ring in the new year, look no further! I am sharing how you can create your own New Year’s Eve Countdown Balloon Clock! Yiipee!
Last year, I purchased a balloon clock kit at my local party store, but I wanted to stay away from the usual black & gold, black & silver color combos! I was looking for a more fresh color palette that would be perfect for a kid-friendly celebration, so I decided to add my own spin on a countdown balloon clock by using colorful balloons instead. I simply love how it turned out and it took me less than 30 minutes to put it together!
To create your own countdown balloon clock is very simple and very few supplies needed. It makes the perfect party backdrop or décor for any spot at your house!
What you will need:
- 9″ balloons (colors of your choice)
- Number stickers (check the sticker aisle at your local craft store)
- Curly ribbon
- Balloon pump
- Scrapbook paper in two different colors for minute and hour hands
- Inflate your balloons using a balloon pump.
- Add sticker and curly ribbon.
- Using scrapbook paper, cut two strips.
- Using scrapbook paper in a different color, cut two triangles.
- Put hour and minute hands together using either glue or tape.
- Now adhere your 12 balloons on the wall forming a big circle.
- Adhere the minute and hour hands to the center of the clock.
- Your balloon clock is ready for New Year’s Countdown!
While you are at it, why not plan a tablescape for the kids? For our New Year’s Eve tablescape, I opted for die-cut star plates and coordinating items, such as star plates and napkins. Incorporate cupcakes topped with metallic sparkler picks “fireworks” and party blowers to keep the kids happy and entertained!
I can’t believe the year of 2018 is coming to an end! What a year it has been and I can’t wait to see what 2019 has in store for us, my friends! Wishing you a Happy New Year and a 2019 filled with love and positive energy!
All photos styled and photographed by Andressa Hara, creative director at Twinkle Twinkle Little Party
PIN FOR LATER
This is super cute! I love balloons, they’re such a happy-inducing decoration piece ☺️
Comments are closed.