Set up a DIY kids Thanksgiving table with these super cute and easy ideas that are so easy to recreate and will sure impress your little guests.
Thanksgiving Place Settings
Make each table setting fun with Thanksgiving themed plates, cups, place cards and coloring placemats. Wood slices are a wonderful way to add texture and a rustic feel to a fall tablescape.
DIY Thanksgiving Snacks
Create the ultimate “charcuterie” or treat board for the kids with these fun fall inspired ideas you can create on your own using store bought products.
DIY Pumpkin Pie Cheese & Crackers
My daughter is a big cheese lover. Needless to say, she was thrilled about these pumpkin pie cheese & crackers.
- Town House Pita Crackers
- Chicken in a Biskit Crackers
- Cheddar Cheese Block
- Cream Cheese or Vanilla Frosting
- Slice cheddar cheese block into wedges to fit Town House pita crackers.
- Place cheddar cheese wedge onto Town House pita cracker.
- Place cream cheese or vanilla frosting in a piping bag fitted with a small decorating tip.
- Attach Chicken in a Biskit Cracker to the back of cheese edge using a little cream cheese or vanilla frosting.
- Pipe cream cheese or vanilla frosting onto cheese wedge to create a pumpkin pie like cheese & cracker snack.
Cornucopia Thanksgiving Cookies
Take ordinary sandwich cookies to the next level with these diy cornucopia cookies that will surely get the kids excited about Thanksgiving.
- Corn snacks, such as Bugles
- Mini colorful chocolate candies, such as M&M’s
- Sandwich cookies, such as Oreos
- Separate sandwich cookies. Note: You will need the side with cream only. Save the other side to make cookie crumbs for the acorn donut treats.
- Gently press bugle and mini chocolate candies onto cream.
Acorn Donut Holes
Donuts are always a crowd-pleaser. Dress them up for the occasion by dipping donut holes into melted chocolate to create the cutest acorn donuts that will make the kids scream with delight.
- Donut holes
- Chocolate chips
- Pretzel sticks
- Cookie Crumbs
- Melt chocolate chips following packaging instructions.
- Dip tip of donut holes into melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle donut hole with cookie crumbs.
- Insert pretzel stick into donut hole to create acorn donut bites.
Thanksgiving Table Decor
Hosting Thanksgiving requires a lot of planning and effort, so keep the kids table simple yet fun by decorating it with real pumpkins and other thanksgiving decor you may already have in your inventory.
Save yourself time and incorporate your charcuterie/treat board as your table centerpiece. The kids can gather around the table to color placemats, work on a Thanksgiving craft while enjoying adorable fall treats.
If time permits, have paper feather cut outs and pencils available to encourage the kids to share what they are thankful for. They can create their own gratitude turkey or turkey balloon to take home.
Concept, Styling and Photography: Andressa Hara, Creative Director/Content Creator at Twinkle Twinkle Little Party