I am sharing a super fun and easy DIY project with you today! I made these drink stirrers for our Kentucky Derby styled shoot and they looked so pretty with our mint julep cups!
Here’s what you will need:
- Mini plastic horses *I bought a long tube at my local craft store
- Long sticks *I used the long cookie sticks. I would have used the acrylic ones, but my party store ran out of the acrylic ones
- Paint (color of your choice)
- Paint brush
- Paint bowl/cup
- A paper/plastic plate for when you start painting the mini horses
- Hot glue
- Red rose beads (optional)
Fill up the cup with the amount of paint you think you might need.
Place the plastic horses on a paper paper and start painting one side, let them dry. Once they are completely dry, flip them and paint the other side. Let them dry again.
Now, grab your cookie sticks and glue gun. Add just a dab of glue to the bottom of each horse to quicky attach the stick to it.
I really wanted my drink stirrers to match the Derby invitation I designed for this shoot, so I added some very mini red rose beads to each horse! I found them at my local craft store. You can use your creativity and embellish them to match the style of your event of course!
Voila! Fun Kentucky Derby drink stirrers for your guests!
Do not forget to check all the details of our Derby shoot in the latest issue of Twinkle Twinkle Little Party Magazine. See the entire issue here!