I made these diy asteroid cupcakes for my little guy’s Baby Yoda’s birthday party and they were a big hit among my kids! They helped me put this video together to show you the easy step-by-step. I hope you give them a try! Watch the video!
DIY Asteroids Cupcakes
Adapted from So Yummy
- Cake box mix
- 2 cups popped popcorn
- 1 c white chocolate chips
- 1/ 2 fine chocolate cookie crumbs
- Pre-heat the oven and prepare the cake batter by following the cake box mix instructions.
- Place cupcake liners in a muffin pan, then place a few popcorn pieces in each cupcake liner. Fill each cupcake liner to ¾ of the way with cake batter.
- Bake them for about half the time according to the cake box mix, then take them out of the oven.
- Press a few popcorn pieces into the top of each muffin (not too many). Bake them again until the cupcakes are cooked through. Allow them to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, melt 1 cup of white chocolate. Add ½ cup of fine chocolate cookie crumbs and stir to combine. Dip each cupcake into the melted chocolate crumb bowl. Allow them to harden completely before serving.
Watch the video below for the step-by-step instructions!